Bacon, mushroom and goat's cheese filo tarts
• 6 sheets filo pastry
• 20g butter, melted
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 red onion, sliced thinly
• 2 cloves garlic
• 6 rashers bacon
• 6 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
• 2 Tbsp thyme leaves
• 100g soft goat's cheese
• Salt and pepper
• Extra thyme for garnish
• Olive oil for drizzling
1. Set oven to 170C.
2. On a bench lay a sheet of filo, brush with butter. Top with another sheet of filo and repeat. Slice the sheets into six even squares.
Butter three of the pieces and place the others on top of these three in a star shape, so you are left with three.
3. Place the pastry into 3x12cm tart cases. Repeat with the remaining filo. Place the tins on a baking tray and put in the oven for 8-10 minutes until slightly browned. Keep an eye on them as they can brown quickly. Set aside.
4. Into a frying pan place 1 tablespoon oil and heat. Add the onion, garlic and bacon and cook for 5-10 minutes until garlic and onion soften and the bacon is slightly crispy. Remove from the pan.
5. Add the remaining oil and mushrooms and cook through. Fold the thyme through.
6. Place the mixture in the tart tins and top with goat's cheese. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes to warm the cheese through.
7. Drizzle each tart with olive oil. Serve warm.