• 100g miso
• 1 Tbsp grated ginger
• 2 Tbsp soy sauce
• 1 Tbsp brown sugar
• ½ cup chicken stock
• 4 x 120g pieces salmon, pin bones removed
• 2 Tbsp oil, for cooking
• 400g cooked noodles
• 2 cups watercress
• 1 grapefruit, segmented
In a small bowl combine miso, ginger, soy, sugar and ¼ cup of stock.
2. Place salmon in a flat dish and pour over marinade, combining well. Leave for at least 30 minutes.
3. Heat a barbecue hot plate or frying pan. Remove salmon from marinade and pat off excess. Reserve marinade. Cook salmon for 4 or 5 minutes each side, depending on thickness.
4. Heat marinade in a small pot and add remaining stock to make it saucy.
5. Place noodles in a bowl, add a bit of miso sauce, top with a piece of salmon, then serve with the watercress and grapefruit salad.