Brown bread ice cream
• 4 slices wholemeal bread
• ¼ cup brown sugar
• 2 tbsp water
• 500ml cream
• ¼ cup icing sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Whizz bread to very chunky breadcrumbs. Place on a lined baking tray. Dissolve sugar in the water. Pour over breadcrumbs, mix well, then place in oven for 20 minutes. Toss twice during cooking. Cook until crisp and crunchy. Remove and cool.
3. Beat cream until it just holds its shape. Stir through icing sugar and vanilla.
4. Gently stir through cooled crumbs. Place in a bowl and freeze for 4 hours or until required.
5. If the mixture has been in the freezer until solid, remove 15 minutes before serving.
6. Serve with grilled fruit and a fruit puree