NRL: Corey Norman embroiled in sex tape scandal

Corey Norman. Photo / Getty
Corey Norman. Photo / Getty

Parramatta's season from hell has plunged to yet another low after claims two sex tapes involving star Corey Norman are being shopped to media outlets.

The Seven Network reported that two video clips, both involving Norman, are being sold for up to AU$150,000 (NZ$156,000) to various television stations in a scandalous extortion attempt.

One clip reportedly shows the Eels five-eighth in a room where others are allegedly using illicit drugs but Norman himself does not partake.

The other video reportedly shows Norman in a room with former Penrith hooker James Segeyaro and a naked woman. There is no suggestion of any illegal activity from Norman or Segeyaro.

The Daily Telegraph reported the video allegedly shows Norman performing an explicit act while pouring a beer on a naked woman.

"The club has been made aware of the alleged issue regarding Corey Norman this afternoon," an Eels spokesperson told AAP.

"We will undertake an internal investigation and provide a report to the NRL integrity unit."

The revelations come just two days before the former Brisbane player is due to appear in court on two drug charges stemming from a May night at The Star casino in Sydney.

Both Norman and Segeyaro, together with former Parramatta prop Junior Paulo, were later issued with warnings by organised crime squad detectives for consorting with criminals on the night in question.

Norman, who is currently in discussions to remain with the club once his contract expires at the end of the season, has been a shining light for the Eels on the field in 2016.

The 25-year-old enjoyed arguably his best performance of the year in last Friday's win over the Sydney Roosters, where he set up four tries in a man-of-the-match effort.

Segeyaro was a roommate of Norman's before making his Super League debut with Leeds last weekend after being let go by Penrith in a player swap involving English international Zak Hardaker.

Eels icon Peter Sterling doesn't think Norman has done anything wrong.

"Maybe you've got to put a question mark over the company he's keeping," Sterling said on Triple M.

"But if he hasn't done anything wrong I don't see what he's got to answer for unless we learn more."

Former league star Andrew Johns was upset by the extortion bid.

"This could destroy him. Why don't they publicly shame the person giving up Norman? This is the rank world we live in. It makes me sick to my stomach," Johns said.

A NSW Police spokeswoman said it was a matter for the state crime command and she could not confirm whether any alleged extortion had been reported to police.

The state crime command has been contacted for comment.

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production apcf05 at 11 Dec 2016 23:47:59 Processing Time: 729ms