• 3 eggs, separated
• ¾ cup sugar
• ½ tsp vanilla
• 1 cup cornflour
• 1 Tbsp flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ½ cup jam
• 200ml cream, whipped
• Icing sugar for dusting
1. Set oven to 180C. Line the bottom of a 20cm round tin with baking paper, grease the sides and dust with flour.
2. Beat egg whites until thick and add sugar a quarter at a time. Add egg yolks and beat until mixed.
3. Sift the flours and baking powder and add to the eggs and stir gently until well combined.
4. Place in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes until, when touched, it springs back. Do not overcook, or your cake will be dry.
5. Cool cake in tin. Remove, slice through the centre and fill with jam and cream. Replace the top and dust with icing sugar.