North Shore house saved after fire starts in kitchen

Two fire trucks attended the blaze. Photo / Glenn Taylor
Two fire trucks attended the blaze. Photo / Glenn Taylor

A house has been saved from a kitchen fire in Birkenhead.

The fire service was called around 1.35pm and had extinguished the fire 20 minutes later a spokeswoman said.

"We're just trying to access the ceiling void to make sure everything is extinguished.

The blaze was in the kitchen of the small single-level home.

The spokeswoman said no persons were reported to be in the house at the time of the fire.

- NZ Herald

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production apcf03 at 11 Dec 2016 04:46:10 Processing Time: 389ms