A boy has been rushed to hospital with serious burns from fireworks tonight.
Emergency services were called to "private land" on Tahurangatira Rd, Karioitahi, said a St John spokeswoman.
Another spokesman said the incident happened at 9.24pm and that the Fire Service supported the ambulance sent.
He said the boy was aged under 12-years-old and has serious burns.
He was taken to Middlemore, he said.
A Fire Service spokeswoman said she could not comment, and referred the Herald back to St John.
ABOVE: The street where a boy was burnt by fireworks