Firefighters rescue child from clothes rack in Marton

By melissa.nightingale@wanganuichronicle.co.nz -

Firefighters rushed to the aid of a small child whose foot got stuck in a clothes rack on Tuesday afternoon.

Fire chief Paul Whitehead said the crew attended a rescue callout in Marton near Bulls about 3.25pm.

"It was just a small child got its foot caught in a clothes drying rack," he said.

"The bars were quite close."

Mr Whitehead was unsure of the child's age or gender.

The crew "just put a bit of dishwashing liquid on it" to free the foot, and the child was none the worse for wear, he said.

For more articles from this region, go to

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf02 at 27 Sep 2016 07:01:25 Processing Time: 474ms