The last 10 days of winter are ending on a Spring-like note - settled in the north and mild in the south of the country.
But while the country looks set to avoid polar blasts, WeatherWatch says pockets of heavy rain and strong winds are likely between Wednesday and Friday.
Monday kicks off with sub-tropical northerlies pushing temperatures above average at one of the coldest times of the year.
Napier starts the week on about 16C, maybe warmer inland, then drops down to 13C on Wednesday, before hitting a mild 18C high on Friday.
Christchurch is also forecast to record 17C tomorrow(Monday) before dropping back to 11C on Wednesday.
WeatherWatch said winds may rise to gale force, but not too severe, around central parts of the country and the North Island from about Thursday.
In the South Island, the news is good for skiers. There will be some fresh snow and Queenstown may get a coating of the white tuff.
The long range forecast suggests continuing westerly winds.
• Monday: Partly cloudy skies in the morning will give way to cloudy skies during the afternoon Max 17C Min 9C
• Tuesday: Sunny along with a few clouds Max 17C Min 7C
• Wednesday: Cloudy skies with periods of rain later in the day Max 17C Min 13C
• Monday: Mostly cloudy with the odd shower in the evening. Northerly winds. Max 15C Min 9C
• Tuesday: Sunny spells with West to Sou'West winds, chance of a shower or two otherwise mainly dry. Max 16C Min 7C
• Wednesday: Sunny spells with light Westerly winds.Max 15C Min 9C
• Monday: Mostly cloudy, a few showers from afternoon then clearing at night. Northerlies.Max 15C Min 6C
• Tuesday: Sunny spells with West to Sou'West breezes. Max 16C Min 5C
• Wednesday: Sunny spells with light Westerly winds. Max 14C Min 6C
• Monday: Increasing cloud from morning, a few showers late afternoon / evening. Northerly winds Max 15C Min 7C
• Tuesday: Becoming mostly sunny in the morning, light West to Sou'West winds. Max 16C Min 7C
• Wednesday: Mostly sunny with light Westerlies. Max 15C Min 8C
• Monday: Cloudy with a few showers, clearing in the evening. Brisk Northerlies. Max 12C Min 7C
• Tuesday: Mostly sunny with Nor'West winds, cloud thickens in the evening. Max 13C Min 9C
• Wednesday: Cloudy, a Southerly change develops in the morning bringing rain which eases overnight. Max 11C Min 7C