Building evacuated after spray cans ignite (+video)

By -

Staff at Damar Industries had to be evacuated this morning after a machine malfunction caused some spray cans to ignite.

Rotorua Fire Brigade senior station officer Colin Rolfe said staff noticed the malfunction and put their evacuation plan into place and everyone got out safely.

The Rotorua Fire Brigade sent two trucks to the Eastgate Development Park business, opposite Rotorua Airport, about 8.30am.

Mr Rolfe said the spray cans self extinguished and there was no structural damage.

"Fall marks to Damar for the evacuation plan. Everyone was evacuated as a safety precaution," Mr Rolfe said.

For more articles from this region, go to

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter


© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf02 at 23 Oct 2016 02:12:20 Processing Time: 571ms