Robinson headed for court again

By Joanne Carroll, Bevan Hurley

Keith Robinson. Photo / Steve Parker
Keith Robinson. Photo / Steve Parker

Former All Black Keith Robinson has been charged with his fourth driving offence.

Robinson, 36, will appear in the Morrinsville District Court next month charged with driving with a suspended licence.

Last year, a violent outburst by Robinson during a "man cave" pub crawl around his hometown of Te Aroha gained national attention. He was sentenced in the Rotorua District Court in January to nine months' supervision and 300 hours' community work for injuring with intent to injure.

The latest charge is at least the fourth time Robinson has been before the courts for driving offences, including drink-driving in 2011. The Herald on Sunday understands he has several other convictions from the 1990s.

Robinson was selected for the All Blacks in 2006 but retired from playing rugby in October 2007.

Rugby Players' Association chief executive Rob Nichol said Robinson had worked hard at his transition to retirement.

Caroline Perry, director of road safety charity Brake, said drivers had a responsibility to protect other road users when they were behind the wheel. "Drivers who repeatedly put lives at risk must be adequately punished."

- Herald on Sunday

© Copyright 2014, APN New Zealand Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production apcf02 at 26 Oct 2014 13:20:15 Processing Time: 563ms