Severed ear victim discharged after surgery

Add a comment

The Mount Maunganui man who needed part of his ear surgically reattached after a serious assault this week has been discharged from hospital.

The 27-year-old was taken to Waikato Hospital on Monday following a fight at a Links Ave home about 7pm the night before.

Police said most of the man's ear had been cut off and a weapon believed to be responsible was seized.

A 15-year-old was arrested in relation to the fight. He is expected to appear in Tauranga Youth Court next week.

A Waikato Hospital spokeswoman said the man had been discharged yesterday.

- Bay of Plenty Times

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter


Have your say

1200 characters left

By and large our readers' comments are respectful and courteous. We're sure you'll fit in well.
View commenting guidelines.

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf04 at 22 Oct 2016 10:23:08 Processing Time: 341ms