Young boy recovering after swallowing pin

Add a comment

A 6-year-old boy flown to hospital in a serious condition after swallowing a small tack or drawing pin is this afternoon in a stable condition.

The Little Waihi boy was taken into an operating theatre at Tauranga Hospital last night. The tack or pin had lodged in his throat, endangering his airway.

After being stabilised by a Waikato Intensive Care Unit retrieval team, he was flown by Waikato Westpac Rescue Helicopter to Waikato Hospital for further treatment.

A Waikato Hospital spokeswoman said the boy was now stable in a ward.

- Bay of Plenty Times

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

Have your say

1200 characters left

By and large our readers' comments are respectful and courteous. We're sure you'll fit in well.
View commenting guidelines.

© Copyright 2017, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf02 at 23 Feb 2017 20:41:40 Processing Time: 341ms