Waikato Herald
  • Waikato Herald home
  • Latest news
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Rural
  • Lifestyle
  • Lotto results

Subscriptions

  • Herald Premium
  • Viva Premium
  • The Listener
  • BusinessDesk

Sections

  • Latest news
  • On The Up
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Rural
    • All Rural
    • Dairy farming
    • Sheep & beef farming
    • Horticulture
    • Animal health
    • Rural business
    • Rural life
    • Rural technology
  • Lifestyle
  • Lotto results

Locations

  • Hamilton
  • Coromandel & Hauraki
  • Matamata & Piako
  • Cambridge
  • Te Awamutu
  • Tokoroa & South Waikato
  • Taupō & Tūrangi

Weather

  • Thames
  • Hamilton
  • Tokoroa
  • Taumarunui
  • Taupō

NZME Network

  • Advertise with NZME
  • OneRoof
  • Driven Car Guide
  • BusinessDesk
  • Newstalk ZB
  • Sunlive
  • ZM
  • The Hits
  • Coast
  • Radio Hauraki
  • The Alternative Commentary Collective
  • Gold
  • Flava
  • iHeart Radio
  • Hokonui
  • Radio Wanaka
  • iHeartCountry New Zealand
  • Restaurant Hub
  • NZME Events

SubscribeSign In

Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.
Home / Waikato News

Hamilton man Abdul Javed admits ringing Parliament House and threatening to ‘kill kids’

Belinda Feek
Belinda Feek
Open Justice multimedia journalist, Waikato·NZ Herald·
5 Dec, 2024 07:22 AM3 mins to read

Subscribe to listen

Access to Herald Premium articles require a Premium subscription. Subscribe now to listen.
Already a subscriber?  

Listening to articles is free for open-access content—explore other articles or learn more about text-to-speech.
‌
Save
    Share this article
Abdul Javed pictured as he left the Hamilton District Court last month after admitting to a charge relating to phoning Parliament House and threatening to kill children. Photo / Belinda Feek

Abdul Javed pictured as he left the Hamilton District Court last month after admitting to a charge relating to phoning Parliament House and threatening to kill children. Photo / Belinda Feek

'

WARNING: Some readers may find the contents of this story distressing

A man called Parliament House and threatened to go to schools and start “killing kids” after seemingly becoming frustrated at people “taking advantage” of his family.

Hamilton man Abdul Shamil Javed’s February 26 threat was taken so seriously that Wellington security staff immediately called the police, and his phone number was traced.

Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.
Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.

Police went to Javed’s house and his father gave the officers consent to search his room where his phone was found under a cabinet.

The 25-year-old appeared in the Hamilton District Court last month where he vacated his not-guilty plea, and admitted a charge of “causing a significant disruption to the activities of the civilian population of New Zealand by threatening to kill school children, an act likely to create a risk to the health of children”.

The charge carries a maximum penalty of seven years’ imprisonment.

At the hearing, Judge Philip Crayton convicted the car detailer on the charge but delayed the release of court documents relating to his case for two weeks.

Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.

NZME can now reveal Javed had made several phone calls to the police and the Parliament House in the early hours of that morning.

However, the contents of a phone call made at 7.15am, in which he references the Christchurch mosque attacker, is what has led to his criminal conviction.

Javed told Parliament House security staff he planned, from that day, to go to schools and kill children because people were “f***ing taking advantage of my family and kids, bro”.

“It’s the community, the community is f***ing people’s head up with torturing their kids and families, bro,” he told the staff.

“And people around the neighbourhood thinks [sic] that’s very funny our family is going through stress and hardship and all this torture from others.”

During Javed’s tirade, he continued to allude to a perceived personal issue and mentioned needing help.

“They think it’s easy. They didn’t realise it’s kids [sic].

“People like that creates people, you know?

“Now I know that Christchurch killer was killing because he had people like s*** people in his life, you know?

“I, I’ve spoke about my kids, my family issue, no one f***ing helps, bro.

Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.

Javed believed “everyone” was “laughing” at his family and threatened that now he was “f***ing gonna blow.”

When questioned by police, Javed denied making the phone call and claimed his phone had been missing for the last few days and he didn’t know where it was.

Javed first appeared in court in May and remained in custody until October, when he was released on electronically-monitored bail.

He will be sentenced in March.

Belinda Feek is an Open Justice reporter based in Waikato. She has worked at NZME for nine years and has been a journalist for 20.

Save
    Share this article

Latest from Waikato News

Waikato Herald

'I will find you and kill you': Couple's vicious attack on teens after road rage on one-way bridge

30 Nov 04:00 AM
Waikato Herald

‘From spore to supplement’: Inside the Raglan farm redefining brain food

29 Nov 04:00 PM
Waikato Herald

Search for missing Tokoroa teacher suspended

28 Nov 07:33 PM

Sponsored

Kiwi campaign keeps on giving

07 Sep 12:00 PM
Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.

Latest from Waikato News

'I will find you and kill you': Couple's vicious attack on teens after road rage on one-way bridge
Waikato Herald

'I will find you and kill you': Couple's vicious attack on teens after road rage on one-way bridge

Judge Crayton said it was pure “luck” that nobody died that night.

30 Nov 04:00 AM
‘From spore to supplement’: Inside the Raglan farm redefining brain food
Waikato Herald

‘From spore to supplement’: Inside the Raglan farm redefining brain food

29 Nov 04:00 PM
Search for missing Tokoroa teacher suspended
Waikato Herald

Search for missing Tokoroa teacher suspended

28 Nov 07:33 PM


Kiwi campaign keeps on giving
Sponsored

Kiwi campaign keeps on giving

07 Sep 12:00 PM
NZ Herald
  • About NZ Herald
  • Meet the journalists
  • Newsletters
  • Classifieds
  • Help & support
  • Contact us
  • House rules
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Competition terms & conditions
  • Our use of AI
Subscriber Services
  • Waikato Herald e-edition
  • Manage your print subscription
  • Manage your digital subscription
  • Subscribe to Herald Premium
  • Subscribe to the NZ Herald newspaper
  • Gift a subscription
  • Subscriber FAQs
  • Subscription terms & conditions
  • Promotions and subscriber benefits
NZME Network
  • Waikato Herald
  • The New Zealand Herald
  • The Northland Age
  • The Northern Advocate
  • Bay of Plenty Times
  • Rotorua Daily Post
  • Hawke's Bay Today
  • Whanganui Chronicle
  • Viva
  • NZ Listener
  • Newstalk ZB
  • BusinessDesk
  • OneRoof
  • Driven Car Guide
  • iHeart Radio
  • Restaurant Hub
NZME
  • About NZME
  • NZME careers
  • Advertise with NZME
  • Digital self-service advertising
  • Photo sales
  • NZME Events
  • © Copyright 2025 NZME Publishing Limited
TOP