|½ tsp||Chilli powder (Main)|
|½ tsp||Turmeric (Main)|
|¾ tsp||Ground cumin (Main)|
|2 tsp||Lemon juice|
|250 g||Potatoes, mashed (Main)|
|8 slices||Bread, white, brown or light rye|
|1 to serve||Butter|
|1 to serve||Mango chutney, or other fruit chutney|
|1 to taste||Salt and freshly ground black pepper, sliced, raw or fried first|
|125 g||Gruyere cheese, sliced (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Mix the spices and lemon juice into the mashed potatoes.
- Butter the bread slices and turn over. Spread 4 slices with chutney, then with the potato mixture.
- Top with a layer of tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Follow this with onion and sliced cheese.
- Cover with the remaining slices of bread, butter-side out, and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.