Firefighters are at the scene of a gorse fire in Aongatete.

A Fire and Emergency northern communications spokesman said firefighters were called to the blaze on Matahui Rd at 10.35am.

The spokesman said the fire was about 50m by 3m.

Two fire trucks from Katikati Fire Brigade were at the scene.

Advertisement

Meanwhile, firefighters were called to a ventilate a home in Hampton Terrace, Parkvale, after a pot was left on the stove.

"Initially it was recorded as a small fire but it was actually a pot left on the stove and there was no fire," the spokesman said.

Firefighters were still at the scene and were ventilating the property.