A Givealittle page has been set up for a Papamoa family of seven who lost everything in a house fire yesterday.

Fire tore through the two-storey Dickson Rd home with black smoke seen as far away as Domain Rd-Tara Rd roundabout, and at least one person reported seeing the smoke from Brookfield.

Fire crews were called to the property about 2.26pm and three fire appliances were still hosing down the smouldering home more than an hour later.

The garage door and front door were destroyed, and the lower windows of the house had blown out, and the majority of the outside of house was also damaged in the blaze


Tauranga fire investigator Jon Rewi said everything inside the house had been destroyed.

Mr Rewi said the cause of the fire was yet to be established and he would be returning to the property today to continue his investigation.

The Givealittle page titled "Have lost everything in a freak house fire. Please help Mum Dad and 5 kids' was created by Zar Lawrence has so far raised $90.

If anyone can help go online to https://www.givealittle.co.nz/cause/7robinsons/donations