Grilled figs with honey and mascarpone
• 8-10 figs, cut in half lengthways
• 3 tbsp runny honey
• ½ cup marsala
• 1 tbsp orange zest
• ¼ cup mint leaves
• ½ cup mascarpone
1. Preheat an oven grill to hot.
2. Place the figs close together on to a baking tray, cut side up.
3. Melt the honey with the marsala and orange zest in a small pot.
4. Pour over the figs. Grill for 8-10 minutes until sticky, slightly browned and soft.
5. Serve warm with a few mint leaves, generous dollop of mascarpone and the juices from the pan.