With Valentine's Day looming the sales for expensive chocolates and heart-shaped cakes will sky-rocket, but is this really the food that screams I Love You? An informal survey elicited some interesting and endearing responses to my question "What food do you think best says I love you?" and I think they're worth sharing...
• The soothing homemade chicken soup offered by a friend who knows you're sick
• Lumpy fudge made by a nine year old
• A gleaming jar of preserved stonefruit to ensure you get to taste sunshine in the colder months
• A steak cooked to well done, if that's the way you like it
• A peeled peach
• A packed lunch when someone knows you've a tough of work ahead
• Someone taking the time to make you the perfect lasagne...and doing the huge amount of dishes this recipe creates
• Anything my non-cooking husband cooks for me
• A fresh fish dropped off unexpectedly
• A big bucket of produce to preserve, along with empty jars - it's the promise of a contented day in the kitchen with lovely results
So many ways to say I Love You. What is yours?