Makes 4 small jars
• 1.5kg plums
• ¼ cup water
• 1 kg sugar
• Juice of 2 or 3 lemons
1. In a large pot, place the plums and water. Bring to a simmer to soften the plums.
2. Remove from the heat and with a slotted spoon remove the stones.
3. Return to the heat and add the sugar and lemon juice. Stir occasionally until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rolling boil for 20 minutes.
4. Test a bit on a saucer, to ensure it is starting to set.
5. Remove from the heat, and bottle in sterilised jars, cover and label.