Five reasons why NSW will whitewash Queensland for the first time since 2000:
1. BELIEF: After finally snapping Queensland's Origin nine-year dominance in game two, having already won game one in Brisbane, the Blues believe they know how to beat the Maroons.
2. QUEENSLAND WOES: For years off-field dramas have been the domain of NSW players, but Will Chambers' alleged involvement in a bar-room incident gave the Queensland camp a taste of turmoil.
3. LAURIE DALEY: Had the knack of putting one over Meninga during Origin in his playing days including victory in his former Canberra teammate's farewell game in 1994 and now, with added steel this season, he's the first Blues coach to beat him in Origin.
4. COOPER CRONK'S ARM: Broke his arm in game one but has recovered remarkably quickly to be back for game three.
The Blues are almost certain to target the halfback just as they did the bandaged Daly Cherry-Evans in game two.
5. JARRYD HAYNE: The best player in the NRL at the moment and the man who's emerged as the heartbeat of this team at fullback following his heroics in games one and two.