Did you know...
1. Michael Collins, one of the Apollo 11 astronauts, became literally the loneliest human ever when he orbited the dark side of the moon, and lost all radio contact with Earth and his fellow astronauts for 48 minutes.
2. Uniform regulation in the British Army between the years 1860 and 1916 stipulated that every soldier should have a moustache. Beard and moustache growth was rampant, especially in India where bare faces were scorned as being juvenile and un-manly, as well as in Arab countries where moustaches and beards were likewise associated with power.
3. The term "soap opera" refers to soap manufacturers that often sponsored this show format in the early days of radio.
Famous quotes sometimes become cliches, others should be printed on T-shirts ...
1. Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. — Friedrich Nietzsche
2. Nobody realises that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. — Albert Camus
3. The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. — George Bernard Shaw
4. If you are willing to look at another person's behaviour towards you as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over a period of time cease to react at all. — Yogi Bhajan
5. Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky, the majority believe you. Tell people the paint is wet, they have to touch it to be sure. — George Carlin
6. In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important. — The Doctor