• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 red onion, chopped finely
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 cup arborio rice
• ½ cup white wine
• 200g mushrooms, quartered
• 4 cups chicken stock, warmed
• 2 Tbsp butter
• 50g grated parmesan
• ¼ cup chopped parsley
• 1 whole butternut pumpkin, top sliced off and seeds scraped out
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Set oven to 160C. In a saucepan heat the oil and soften the onion and garlic for 2 or 3 minutes. Add the rice and toast lightly for 2 minutes, then add the wine. Once the wine has been absorbed, you can add the mushrooms and stir well.
2. Slowly start adding the stock one cup at a time, letting it cook away before adding the next. Continue until all the stock has gone. This will take 20-25 minutes. Then remove the risotto from the element.
3. Stir in the butter, half the cheese and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Fill the cavity of the pumpkin with the risotto. Sprinkle with the remainder of the cheese.
5. Place the pumpkin in a lined oven dish, pour 1 cup water around the base to stop it from drying out, and top it up as needed. Cover with tinfoil and put in the oven for 1 hours, or until the pumpkin is soft but still holding its shape.
6. Serve with a side salad.