• 3 eggs, separated
• 1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp caster sugar
• 250g mascarpone
• 1 packet sponge fingers
• 1 cup strong espresso coffee
• ¼ cup masala or brandy
• Grated chocolate for topping
1. In a mixing bowl beat egg yolks and sugar until pale. Add mascarpone and mix gently through until well blended.
2. Whisk egg white until stiff and add second sugar measure. Then gently fold through egg mixture.
3. Combine coffee with masala. Dip sponge fingers into coffee and line bottom of a dish roughly 23cm x 15cm.
4. Top with half the mascarpone mixture, then repeat the layers.
5. Refrigerate overnight or for at least a few hours. Grate chocolate generously over top and serve.