Toddler swallows cleaner

A 22-month-old boy flown to Wellington Hospital in the Square Trust rescue helicopter after swallowing dish washer granules was on the mend yesterday.

The Feilding toddler was in a "stable and improving" condition in Wellington Hospital's children's ward after treatment for alkaline burns, a hospital spokesman said. He was due to be discharged late yesterday.

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production apcf03 at 25 May 2016 02:13:19 Processing Time: 416ms