Man suffers electric shock on Waiheke building site

An Auckland man was electrocuted on a building site at Waiheke Island yesterday. File photo
An Auckland man was electrocuted on a building site at Waiheke Island yesterday. File photo

An Auckland man was electrocuted on a building site at Waiheke Island yesterday.

The Auckland Westpac Rescue Helicopter was called to the island at 5.28pm after the 27-year-old suffered an electric shock.

A helicopter spokeswoman said he went to grab an electircal wire and, as it was live, was thrown a short distance.

He suffered a burn to his hand.

The helicopter crew airlifted the man from Onetangie to Auckland CIty Hospital in a serious condition.

He was not knocked out in the incident and did not suffer any other injuries.

- NZ Herald

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf03 at 26 Sep 2016 20:27:20 Processing Time: 515ms