Fires damage houses, Mormon church

Photo / File
Photo / File

One person was treated for smoke inhalation late tonight after a fire in Sandringham, Auckland.

The Fire Service was called to a home in Begbie Place at 11.09pm after a fire broke out in a front room.

And in Mangere, South Auckland, a fire broke out in the laundry of an unoccupied house on Windrush Close.

A Fire Service spokesman said emergency services were called at 10.52pm by a neighbour who heard a window smash at the house, which was being renovated.

Earlier this evening, a fire broke out at a Mormon church in Otara.

The Fire Service was called to the Dawson Rd facility at 7.36pm by people who were at the scene.

A fire was found in the roof's void at the front of the church. No one was injured.

All three fires will be investigated.

- NZ Herald

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter


© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production apcf05 at 27 Oct 2016 07:43:29 Processing Time: 962ms