17yo suffers serious electric shock

Ambulance at the scene. Photo / Brad Ambrose
Ambulance at the scene. Photo / Brad Ambrose

A 17-year-old boy has been taken to hospital following a reported serious electric shock near an Auckland dining precinct tonight.

St John said the teen was taken to Auckland Hospital in a moderate condition following the 5.30pm incident.

A photo posted to Instagram showed an ambulance on Brown St, Ponsonby and the caption stated it was attending the scene of an "electrocution" near the Ponsonby Central dining precinct.

- NZ Herald

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter


© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production apcf03 at 25 Oct 2016 16:40:44 Processing Time: 547ms