Two men have been charged in relation to a brawl in Auckland's CBD several weeks ago.
The fights were the subject of extensive social media coverage.
A 22-year-old man has been charged with fighting in a public place and will reappear in the Auckland District Court next Wednesday 20, police said.
A 25-year-old man has been charged with assault with intent to injure and will reappear the following week.
Police would like to thank the public for their assistance with this investigation.
Police were called to a number of street fights that erupted outside the ferry terminal in Quay St, the McDonald's at Britomart in Queen St, the intersection of Quay and Queen Sts and Fort St early one Sunday morning last month.
The fights resulted in two men being taken to hospital with serious injuries and two arrests.
Auckland district prevention manager, Inspector Gary Davey, said at the time this type of violence was not unusual in the CBD, Karangahape Rd and Ponsonby.
"To varying degrees, some Thursday nights and most Friday and Saturday nights see alcohol-fueled violence characterised by serious assaults, fighting and disorder in the early hours of the morning," he said.
"While there has been a small improvement in alcohol-fuelled violence since bars started shutting at 4am, the level of intoxication and level of harm caused from abusing alcohol is still far too high and things need to change."
Cellphone footage sent in to police from witnesses had been "invaluable" to investigators, police said.