A Northland man accused of killing a relative will reappear in the High Court at Whangarei in December. Jason Heihei, 30, allegedly stabbed 29-year-old Corey Heihei multiple times at a Pukepoto Rd house about 2.20am on July 23. Police said despite receiving medical attention, the victim died at the scene. His body was released to next of kin after a post-mortem. Jason Heihei will reappear on December 8.
ACC claim denied
ACC has rejected a claim from a Northland man even though six different doctors say he is suffering from an injury, according to New Zealand First. Party leader and Northland MP Winston Peters said it was unacceptable that a self-employed Waipapa resident had to go from one doctor to another and wait nine months for a decision from ACC while his head injury symptoms got worse. "ACC is in existence to help New Zealanders, not treat them in such an inhumane manner. If this is a general standard, and we suspect it is, then it is time for the minister to step in and overhaul ACC," Mr Peters said. The man's ACC case was raised during Parliament's question time earlier this week.
The Foodbank Project
New Zealand's only online foodbank, The Foodbank Project, is helping to support the Whangarei community. Items can be donated through www.foodbank.org.nz to the Salvation Army in Whangarei. The Foodbank Project, launched last year, is a collaboration between the Salvation Army, web designer and developer Lucid, and Countdown. New Zealanders have donated more than $123,000 of food through it. The service operates in the four main centres and from yesterday includes Whangarei, Gisborne and Nelson.