This makes an easy change from poached stone fruit.
• 8 pieces of mixed ripe stone fruit, such as plums, apricots, nectarines, peaches or greengages
• 3 tbsp honey
• 3 tbsp water
• Ice cream, cream or yoghurt to accompany
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Halve the fruit or slice away from the stone and sit the mix in a heavy-based 26cm baking dish.
3. Warm the honey and water together to combine. You can infuse other flavours into this if you wish. A vanilla pod, citrus zest, a couple of lavender sprigs or bay leaves will add interest. If you are using these aromatics, let them sit in the warm syrup to infuse and strain before using.
4. Pour the honey/water mix over the fruit and roast in the middle of the oven until the fruit is just cooked and starting to colour. This will take 20-30 minutes depending on how ripe the fruit is. After removing from the oven, spoon the juices in the bottom of the dish over the roasted fruit. Serve with ice cream, cream or yoghurt.