• 1 large red pepper (capsicum)
• 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
• 400g tuna loin
• 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• ½ cup kalamata olives, drained
• 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
• 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
• ½ cup loosely packed basil leaves
• Fresh and crisp cos lettuce leaves for serving
1. Grill or barbecue red pepper until charred and cut into small cubes. Set aside with any juices.
2. Soak onion in a bowl of icy cold water for 15 minutes. Rinse tuna, pat dry with paper towels and cut into small cubes.
3. Mix extra virgin olive oil, half a teaspoon of salt, plenty of black pepper, lemon zest and juice together in a bowl. Drain onion, pat dry and add to bowl with olives, parsley, cherry tomatoes and red pepper. Gently toss everything together. Add tuna, toss gently again, then add basil. Serve on crunchy cos lettuce leaves.