• 200gm pork mince
• 1 block of soft tofu cut into medium-sized cubes
• 6 dried shitake mushrooms
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 thumbsize piece of ginger, minced
• 2 tbsp chilli bean sauce
• 2 tbsp oyster sauce
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 2 tbsp Shao Xing rice wine
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• 2 tbsp sugar
• spring onions for garnishing
• coriander for garnishing
• 2 tbsp vegetable oil
• corn starch slurry (1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp cold water)
1. Rehydrate dried shitake mushrooms in a cup of boiling water. After 20 minutes, squeeze the mushrooms dry and slice thinly. Reserve the water.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. When hot, add in the pork mince and allow to brown on one side first before flipping. Once browned, break up into bite-sized pieces.
3. Add garlic and ginger and saute for a further minute. Add in half cup of Shao Xing wine and mix. Stir fry for a further minute.
4. Add sliced shitake mushrooms and mushroom water then add in chilli bean sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar.