You are what you eat: cheer up with ...
1. Folate to normalise moods: found in broccoli, oatmeal, wholegrain breakfast cereals, oranges and beets.
2. B12 to ease depression: found in shellfish, wild salmon, cottage cheese, low-fat yoghurt, milk, lean beef and eggs.
3. Omega-3 fats to help the brain: found in oily fish, walnuts, ground flaxseeds and omega-3 fortified eggs.
4. Vitamin D to bring in the sunshine: found in oily fish, egg yolks and in enriched milk, cereal and juices.
5. Fibre to balance mood swings: found in brown rice, barley, apples, pears, strawberries, carrots and peas.