For many people popping pimples is a satisfying pleasure.

We know we shouldn't but the temptation is too much.

However, a number of pimple-poppers have come forward with horror stories after attempting to burst their bacteria-riddled zits.

Katie Wright found out the dangers of pimple-popping after she was left with a horrifying wound on her forehead.

Advertisement

"Within an hour my entire face swelled up and HURT. It felt like something was going to burst out of my skin," Wright wrote on Twitter.

What she thought was a simple pimple turned out to be a staph infection that had affected deep cellular tissue.

After squeezing the little lump she soon put herself at risk of the infection spreading to her brain, which could have left her blind.

Luckily for Wright, she was treated in hospital before any serious damage was done.

However, others came forward with similar instances, with one person left mending a swollen cheek and eye following a popping episode that went horribly wrong.

Wright believes her infection was caused by an eyebrow brush which hadn't been cleaned.

Ladies, it pays to clean your make-up products.

So next time you think about popping your own bacteria bubble, maybe stick to watching others pop their own on YouTube.