Jemaine Clement has taken to Twitter to clarify reports that Flight of the Conchords might be working on new episodes of their hit HBO show.
In a new interview, Clement told The Guardian that a four-part comedy show had been green lit, but the pair were yet to start work on it.
That led to rumours that Clement and McKenzie might be creating new Conchords episodes, but the star took to Twitter to confirm it would be something new.
Before this rumour gets out of hand - we are not working on a 4 ep Conchords show for hbo... https://t.co/q1607H5vg8— Jemaine Clement (@AJemaineClement) September 2, 2014
I am working on another idea with them though, hence the mix-up.— Jemaine Clement (@AJemaineClement) September 2, 2014
McKenzie and Clement starred in two hilarious seasons of Flight of the Conchords for HBO that ran between 2007-2009.
They have toured since then, embarking on one of New Zealand's biggest and most successful local tours in 2012 that concluded with a three-night run at Vector Arena.
A movie based on the TV show has been discussed sporadically, but Clement said that it had "lost a lot of impetus" and they were thinking of doing a musical instead.
"We talk about a movie every so often. Sometimes it feels like we lost a lot of impetus over the last couple of years. But Bret, (director) James (Bobin) and me, we all want to do a musical.
"It would be good to do something all together ... I miss playing Flight of the Conchords gigs."