Two people were injured after a gas leak at the Port of Tauranga.
Fire crews were called to the port where 100ml of liquid crude sulphate turpentine leaked from a 25 tonne container as it was unloaded from a boat.
Northern fire communications shift manager Dallas Ramsay said one person was taken to a medical centre while another had been seen to by ambulance.
The call came in about the leak at 12.30pm.
Bay of Plenty Regional Council regulatory compliance team leader Alex Miller confirmed that crude sulphate turpentine leaked from a tank at the port.
She said it was a "minor spill" and regional council staff were in contact with fire crews and helping where they could.