Candle starts bedroom fire

Add a comment

An oil candle is thought to be the cause of a fire in a Tauranga home over night.

Fire crews were called to the fire in Scantlebury St about 10.30pm, but the woman at the house had managed to put the fire out by herself using buckets of water.

A fire brigade spokesman said the outcome could have been much worse.

He said it started in a bedroom and the fire went up the wall and across the ceiling.

It is thought a small aromatherapy candle was the cause.

- Bay of Plenty Times

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

Have your say

1200 characters left

By and large our readers' comments are respectful and courteous. We're sure you'll fit in well.
View commenting guidelines.

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production apcf04 at 01 Oct 2016 13:18:02 Processing Time: 522ms