The Blind Foundation is asking Whanganui people to "bake a difference" to support New Zealanders who are blind or have severe sight loss.
Registrations are open for Bikkie Day on Monday, July 2, and keen bakers are urged to take part.
All proceeds go towards the breeding and training of Blind Foundation guide dogs and bakers are being asked to help "raise the dough" to finance the costs.
Bakers will receive puppy-shaped bikkie cutters and a welcome pack after registering, to ensure they have everything they need to host a Bikkie Day party in July.
"We provide specially trained guide dogs free of charge to Kiwis who are blind or have severe sight loss," says Blind Foundation operations manager Wendy Mellberg Haecker.
"The continued generous support of the New Zealand public enables our puppies to succeed in their vital work."
More than 1050 doughty bakers from throughout New Zealand hit the kitchen to raise more than $110,000 for guide dogs last year.
Bakers can register for Bikkie Day at bikkieday.org.nz
Pic's Peanut Butter Bikkies
•200g butter (softened)
•1 x Pic's peanut butter slug (or an extra 50g of softened butter)
• cup sugar
• cup sweetened condensed milk
•1 tsp vanilla essence
•2 cups flour (sifted)
•2 tsp baking powder •A few dark choc chips
1. Preheat the oven to 170⁰c and line oven trays with baking paper.
2. Cream the butter, sugar and, if using it, peanut butter with an electric beater until light and fluffy.
3. Add the condensed milk and beat again.
4. Mix in the vanilla essence and fold in the flour and baking powder.
5. Roll the mixture flat on a lightly floured surface and cut out your puppies using your red puppy bikkie cutter.
6. Place the puppies on the oven trays (allowing room to spread).
7. Pop on a chocolate chip to give your puppies an eye.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes
9. Allow to cool before decorating. Use red icing to give your puppies their little red coats.
10.Sell your bikkies and raise lots for Blind Foundation guide dogs.