Flaming rubbish was strewn across a quiet Brisbane street after a recycling truck's load caught fire, forcing the driver to dump the burning debris onto the road.
Emergency crews were called to the garbage truck fire in Annerley, south Brisbane after embers in the load caused it to explode into flames, according to Daily Mail.
The pile of rubbish erupted into a blaze sending smoke billowing across the residential streets at 11am (1pm NZT) today.
The Royal Automobile Club of Queensland (RACQ) warned people to not put embers in rubbish bins as it shared images of the flaming load on Twitter.
Firefighters arrived at the blaze within ten minutes and quickly worked to extinguish the flames on Avondale Road, the Brisbane Times reports.
Queensland Fire and Emergency reported the fire had been completely put out around 12pm.
The driver had initially tried to put out the blaze himself with a fire extinguisher but retreated when the flames climbed metres into the air.
Nearby residents described the smell emitting from the flaming rubbish as "toxic".