These sticky and moist little apricot puddings are made with almond butter making them naturally free of gluten, and full of nourishment.
They are topped with a fantastic caramel sauce made with coconut cream and honey.
Perfectly sweet and decadent - fabulous for impressing dinner guests.
STICKY APRICOT AND ALMOND BUTTER PUDDINGS WITH COCONUT CARAMEL SAUCE
• 3 free-range eggs
• 1 cup dried apricots, soaked in water overnight
• ¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil, or butter
• 1 cup almond butter, or nut butter of your choice
• 2 tbsp honey, maple or brown rice syrup
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
For the coconut caramel sauce:
• 400ml can of full fat coconut cream
• ½ cup honey
1. Preheat the oven to 160C and grease a six-hole muffin tin.
2. Blend eggs, drained apricots, honey or syrup, coconut oil or butter, almond butter, baking soda and vinegar in a food processor. Process for a minute or so, until the batter is smooth and creamy.
3. Spoon into the prepared muffin tins.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
5. While the puddings are baking, prepare the coconut caramel sauce. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the coconut cream and honey, and bring to a soft boil.
6. Turn the heat down to low, and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the caramel becomes a lovely golden colour. Stir often towards the end as it can burn easily.
7. Serve the puddings warm, with a drizzle of coconut caramel sauce, and a dollop of whipped cream if you are that way inclined.
*dairy free (if using coconut oil)
*refined sugar free