Man burned while trying to jumpstart car


A skifield worker suffered acid burns to his eyes and hands when the battery of a snowcat he was trying to jumpstart exploded in his face at Whakapapa.


The 24-year-old mixed up the negative and positive terminals when the battery exploded about 9.30am yesterday.


Taupo Rescue Helicopter pilot Art Kowalski said the man was treated at the scene and then flown to Rotorua Hospital.


As the helicopter was returning  it was called to Turoa skifield where a 52-year-old woman had broken her femur in a skiing accident. She was flown to Palmerston North hospital.

- Rotorua Daily Post

© Copyright 2014, APN New Zealand Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf05 at 22 Dec 2014 04:07:48 Processing Time: 561ms