• 200g plain flour
• ¼ cup icing sugar
• 100g cold butter, cut in cubes
• 50g cream cheese
• 1 egg yolk
• 2tsp water
• 8 tamarillos, peeled and sliced
• ½ cup vanilla sugar
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• 1 Tbsp lemon juice
• 2 Tbsp arrowroot
• 1 egg
1. In a kitchen whizz, place the flour, sugar, butter and cream cheese. Blitz these to fine crumbs. Add the egg yolk and 2 tablespoons of water to bind to a soft dough.
2. On a lightly floured board, roll the pastry to form a 30cm disc. Place on baking paper, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Place all the filling ingredients in a bowl and stir gently. Place the filling in the centre of the pastry, leaving a 4cm border.
4. Fold the pastry over the top leaving an opening in the middle.
5. Brush the outside edges with egg and sprinkle with a little extra sugar.
6. Bake at 180C for 30 minutes. (Place a piece of tinfoil over the top if it is browning too quickly.)
7. Serve with vanilla icecream.