• 150g dark chocolate, melted over hot water
• 120g butter, softened
• 1 cups caster sugar
• ¼ cup rum
• 2 Tbs water
• 5 eggs, separated
• 1½ cup plain flour, sifted
1. Preheat an oven to 160C. Line a 23cm tin with baking paper.
2. In an electric beater, place the butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
Add the rum and water, followed by the egg yolks one at a time. Beat until well combined.
3. Fold in the sifted flour.
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold gently into the cake mixture. Place into the tin and bake for 40 minutes. Don't panic if it cracks on the top.
5. Serve with icecream or whipped cream.