• 1 Tbsp butter or olive oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 6 medium-sized courgettes, roughly chopped
• 500ml chicken stock
• ½ cup mint leaves, shredded
• 1 handful spinach leaves
• ½ cup Greek yoghurt, to garnish
• pepper and salt to taste
1. Heat a large saucepan to a medium heat and melt the butter. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 3 or 4 minutes until softened.
2. Add the courgettes, chicken stock and mint. Continue cooking for 15 minutes until the courgettes are completely soft. Add the spinach for the last 2 minutes.
3. Take off the heat and blend to a smooth consistency. Season with pepper and salt. Refrigerate.
4. When ready to serve, add a couple of ice cubes, a dollop of Greek yoghurt and fresh mint leaves. Serve with crusty bread.