• 2 duck breasts
• ¼ tsp cloves
• 1 tsp Chinese five-spice
• salt and freshly ground pepper
• 2 Tbsp runny honey
• 4 nectarines, stone removed, and quartered
• 2 spring onions
• bag of salad greens
• 1 cup fresh herbs, left whole
• 100g Roquefort, crumbled
Dressing: Mix 3 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1. Score the duck breast with a sharp knife. Rub in the cloves, five-spice, salt and pepper. Let them sit for 30 minutes at room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 180C.
3. Heat an ovenproof frying pan to a medium heat. Place the duck breasts skin-down in the pan for 2-3 minutes or until brown and golden, turn and brown the other side.
4. Drizzle with the honey and place straight into the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Remove and set aside.
5. In a large bowl, place the nectarines, spring onions, salad greens, herbs and Roquefort. Toss the dressing through.
6. On a platter, place the salad. Slice the duck breasts on an angle thinly and arrange on the salad.