100g butter, softened
1 Tbs green peppercorns, finely chopped
1 Tbs chervil, chopped
Salt and pepper
2 cloves garlic
1 cup button mushrooms
2 Tbs cream
4 slices white bread cut into rounds
4 eye fillet steaks
1. To make the butter, mix the peppercorns and chervil into 50g of the butter, season then shape into a roll between a piece of greaseproof paper. Freeze until ready to use.
2. Preheat the oven to 200C. Peel and slice the parsnips into lengths. Toss in olive oil and seasoning then bake for 30 minutes or until golden and crispy.
3. Meanwhile, melt 25g of butter in a pan, add the finely diced shallots and garlic and cook until pale and soft. Add the finely diced mushrooms, cream and seasoning. Gently simmer until a thick puree. Keep warm.
4. Melt the rest of the butter and fry the rounds of bread until golden on both sides.
5. Heat 2 Tbs of olive oil in a fry pan. Cook the steaks for 3 minutes on each side for rare.
Let rest before assembling. Place the toasted bread on warmed plates topped with the mushroom puree then the beef, followed by sliced rounds of butter. Serve with the parsnip chips.By Amanda Laird Email Amanda