As the promotional blitz for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2 shifted gears, it was inevitable that Kristen Stewart would be asked the question that's on every Twi-hard's mind: What is going on with her and Robert Pattinson?
The 22-year-old actress stopped by the Today show on Wednesday, and after some chatter about the film and her thoughts on playing Bella for the last time, co-anchor Savannah Guthrie asked Stewart point blank if she was back together with Pattinson.
"Kristen you have so many fans, and they will be mad at us if we don't ask you," Guthrie asked. "Are you back together with Robert Pattinson?"
Stewart shifted her eyes to the floor, before answering cautiously, "Funny you mention that. I'm going to just let people watch whatever little movie they think our lives are and go for it - you know."
Adding, "Keep 'em guessing, I always say."
And that's your lot.
'I'M OK WALKING AWAY'
Though Stewart's love life was off-limits, the actress wasn't so tight-lipped when it came to discussing her role in the franchise.
"I mean, to have five years with one main focus - it's just rare for an actor," she said. "Usually you've got like five weeks, five months. Yeah, I definitely, you know, I'm OK walking away, but at the same time, I could keep it for another five."
She went on to talk about her character's transition in the movies.
"Playing Bella so long as a human really helped me play her as a vampire, because it didn't seem like this huge leap into fantasy land," Stewart explained.
"It was a natural step for her. It was - not to be completely cheesy - but she really was born to do that."
She continued: "It did always feel that if you took (away) the fact that she was a vampire, she was a fully-realised version of who you always knew she could be. She's always been self-assured. It's just that on the outside, you know, fear is a funny thing when you're that age.
"It can be a motivator; it can cripple you. Bella has always been the type of person to ... once one of those walls are broken down, she doesn't try to build it back up."
Check out the interview below:
Stewart followed up her Today show interview with an appearance on Live With Kelly & Michael, during which she talked about the vampire series coming to a close.
"It's weird. You've got this constant tapping on your shoulder, Bella never left me alone," the actress said. "And as soon as I didn't have to worry about her anymore, I was like (looks over shoulder), 'Hello?'"
'WHO IS ACTUALLY ASKING?'
On Thursday, it was Pattinson's turn in the hot seat.
The 26-year-old actor appeared on the Today show, and, sure enough, he was asked about the status of his relationship with Stewart.
"So yesterday I asked Kristen if you two had gotten back together," Guthrie declared. "So I'm going to ask you."
Pattinson replied, "I want to ask, because we get asked it all the time. Who is actually asking? Is it in your contract?"
Guthrie quipped, "Yes, it's in the fine print".
The heartthrob also dished on his often-spouted hyphenated nickname, "R-Patz".
He still hates it.
"I don't understand what the nickname culture is," he said. "If I could figure out a way to get rid of that, it'd be amazing. It does sound like an antacid tablet."
Watch Pattinson on Today below:
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 hits New Zealand cinemas on November 15.
* Kirstie Alley slams John Travolta gay rumours.
* "Hopefully we'll bring it back" - David Hasselhoff dishes on Knight Rider making it to the big screen.
* George Clooney to choose between Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt's weddings, claims mag. Good luck with that.
* David Arquette poses in just a loincloth and chains (surprisingly SFW).
* Jennifer Aniston's rep stifles a yawn over latest pregnancy rumours.
* Donald Trump deletes post-election Twitter tirade.
* Becks in kecks: David Beckham launches new bodywear range.
* Miley Cyrus denies rumours she'll be having multiple weddings.
* Top Gun sequel gets grounded, but 3D re-release still in flight.
* Jermaine Jackson petitions to alter his famous last name to...'Jacksun'.
* Have Johnny Depp and Amber Heard rekindled their romance?
* Warner Bros. confirms new Superman flick Man of Steel will be released in 3-D and IMAX.
* Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer take the twins for a stroll.
- Rumour Has ItBy Myrddin Gwynedd @ohthatwelshguy Email Myrddin