No one hurt in central Auckland apartment fire

A nearby resident snapped a picture of smoke coming out of a central Auckland apartment earlier this evening. Photo/Supplied
A nearby resident snapped a picture of smoke coming out of a central Auckland apartment earlier this evening. Photo/Supplied

Nobody was hurt in a small apartment fire in Auckland today.

A Fire Service spokesman said it was a small bedroom fire and was put out quickly.

The fire started at an apartment in Eden Crescent in central Auckland.

A nearby resident caught a picture of smoke coming out of the building.

"We were just sitting down and we just smelled some smoke, we obviously thought it was from our building," Anzac Ave resident Gareth McGarvie said.

Five minutes later he looked across the street and saw smoke "billowing out" of an apartment on the fifth floor.

He said everyone in his building went out onto their balconies to "have a gander".

He said the fire happened about 6pm.

- NZ Herald

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2017, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf03 at 30 Apr 2017 00:51:14 Processing Time: 441ms