A three-year investigation into the death of a four-month-old boy from head injuries has resulted in no charges.
Raynar-Lee Thompson Hatley died from head injuries he sustained at a flat in Wairoa on April 13, 2013. He was rushed to Wairoa Hospital and then flown to Starship Children's Hospital in Auckland where he died six days later.
His mother, Shiloe Thompson, was investigated following his death, and her three other children were put into Child, Youth and Family care.
A police spokeswoman confirmed it had concluded its investigation Raynar-Lee's death and no charges had been laid.
"While no individual has been charged, police may consider re-opening the investigation should any new or significant information come to light.
"As the matter is now before the coroner to make a determination regarding the circumstances of the death, police [are] unable to comment further."
Ms Thompson told Fairfax the news was "a huge relief".
"It has taken a long time to get to this. I knew that I hadn't done what I was suspected of doing, but it was still a bit weight off my shoulders," she said.
"I know the police have to do these things properly but I think three years was a bit long to put us through. It's a long time to have people thinking you might have done something you didn't do."
Ms Thompson said she hoped the end of the investigation might mean she could have more access to her children.